[nflug] Offtopic: DVD Codec/Player

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Tue Feb 21 15:57:51 EST 2006

I use bsplayer in windows..love it..

-----Original Message-----
From: nflug-bounces at nflug.org [mailto:nflug-bounces at nflug.org] On Behalf Of
Justin Bennett
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:53 PM
To: nflug at nflug.org
Subject: [nflug] Offtopic: DVD Codec/Player

<offtopic>

This is off topic, so please forgive me, but I'm appealing to the
general PC knowledge of the group.

One thing that really bugs me about windows is the lack of free
utilities do do what I need. I have a fresh install of XP home on a
laptop. I need to get the DVD-rom drive to be able to play DVDs (company
promotional stuff). I have windows media 10 installed but no coded for
DVDs. I'm looking for either a codec (for free) to allow windows media
to play the DVDs or a free utility to play the DVDs. I found one but I
needed to have 'Save' nagware software installed to run it for free.
Which bugs me too.

</offtopic>

If I was running linux I'd have Xine already to go... :)

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Justin

--