[nflug] The February Buffalo Perl Mongers Meeting Is Today!

Mike Richardson mtr3 at buffalo.edu
Tue Feb 21 15:16:21 EST 2006

Tommy Rogers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this meeting open to anyone?  Is there a place or could you give me
> directions to the building for I never been on the Campus before.  Thanks!

http://www.buffalo.edu/buildings/building?id=bell

Entering campus from the Flint Rd. entrance (at Flint and Maple), take a
left at the first traffic light onto John James Audubon Pkwy. After
going straight through the next light (Rensch Rd.), take the next right
onto White Rd. (it's a short ramp next to the Governors dormitory). Go
straight on White Rd and straight through 2 intersections. The LAST
parking lot on your right is Furnas lot. (if you continue straight, you
go into the University Bookstore parking lot) It's marked Faculty/Staff
only, but after 3:30pm it's open to everyone.

Campus maps are available at the link above.

> DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI wrote:
>> Just a quick reminder about today's meeting.
>> Time:       8:00 PM
>> Location: Bell 242 (UB North Campus)
>>
>> Topics/Presenters:
>>
>> AI::Prolog By: Dan Magnuszewski (45 - 60 Minutes)
>> 1) Brief intro to logic programming. 2) Brief intro to the Prolog
>> language. 3) Show example uses. 3) Bringing Perl and Prolog together.
>> 4) AI::Prolog in Action!
>> Intro Perl & Cool Tricks - "Perl And External Programs" By: Open Floor
>> (15 - 20 Minutes)
>> Intro on how to run an external script/program/command from a Perl
>> script, and be able to use its output within the Perl script. Also how
>> input can be piped into Perl scripts.
>> I hope to see some new faces tonight!
>>
>> -Dan

Michael Richardson
Web Programmer, ePharmacotherapy Networks
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
State Univ. of New York at Buffalo
Cooke Hall Room 309
(716)645-2828 ext. 266