[nflug] Internet Faster Through Linux?

ptgoodman ptgrunner at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 15 12:09:19 EST 2006

Hi Tommy,

The answer to your question could be be either or both ;-). I myself
teeter between a sane certainty and insanity. Or so my friends tell me.

To answer your question about relative download speeds, if the systems
are operating properly, have the same connect speed, etc, I can't see
any reason why one system would perform downloads faster. Have you
actually timed downloads or is this just a subjective opinion. [My
stereo sounds better when I wax the speakers,  and my car runs better
when I wash and wax the exterior--both incorrect perceptions]. The best
way is to time several different download--tedious, but important if you
need to know.

Pete