[nflug] Verizon dsl

David Mangani buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 21:21:44 EST 2006

Hmmm,

Sorry I sent that last message by mistake. Anyways, I switched to
Verizon DSL a few months ago. It seems to work fine. It is slightly
slower than cable, however,not alot of difference. I did use a windows
PC to initially set up my account. Basically it was just easier. Now
that the account is set up, I have used FC6, ubuntu and now Debian on
it all without any trouble. It seems that to initially set up and
activate the account windows is easier. Not sure if it could be done
from the get go with Linux. I don't know if the various ports are
available for use or not. I can only say that I simply plug in my DSL
modem let the lights wink on and connect the ethernet cable and it
simply works. No real complaints here.

Dave

--
Debian Linux/FC5/Sometimes Ubuntu.