[nflug] wtf is up with this %$#@*& "dell restore" partition

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 19 18:24:18 EST 2006

> That's probably a restore partition for use with their restore cd's, you
> should leave that alone. Just resize the m$ ntfs partition and ignore
> the rest. Don't forget, after resizing, you will need to DELETE the
> actual ntfs partition and create a new one STARTING with the same
> cylinder it originally started on and at least the size that your just
> resized it too. Also make sure to set the id to 7 for ntfs and set the
> "a" flag to designate the boot flag on the partition, IF it existed
> before. Failure to do the right things will leave it borked! But if you
> do it right you can resize it successfully in a few minutes.

Ok, now I feel like I know nothing and I'm just going to fry it. The
site I was reading seemed to indicate that knoppix's parted was going to
set things up much more simply than that. You mean delete and remake
BEFORE clicking "apply" That doesn't fry the C: that's on there?

Looks like there's a bit more googling to be done here, perhaps....

Thanks,
S.