[nflug] [ot] Is there a local service that can make a dv file from a Minidv tape?

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Wed Aug 16 12:34:17 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I recently made a  MiniDV tape of my wedding reception using a rented video
recorder. The total movie length is 64 minutes. Unfortunately, I was not
able to extract the image on the tape to a an avi (dv encoded) for further
editing. My computer's capture device was simply too slow and dropped allot
of frames -- the best I could do was encode the tape using lossless wma 9.1
codec (still dropping about 1% of the frames). I now have the tape but not
the recorder. Does anyone know of a local service where I could bring the
tape too and get back a few dvd's that contain the avi (dv encoded) I could
use for further editing?

TIA

Sam S.