[nflug] Intel 950 Accelerated Graphics & Ubuntu

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Wed Aug 9 10:37:58 EDT 2006

When we last left our adventurers...

> Anyone know how to get the Intel Media Accelerator 950 to work under Ubuntu
> or any other distro?  I'm looking at two notebooks that use it.

I assume you're talking about 3d Acceleration? Because it should work fine
with vesa. But I used to have a comp with an intel (onboard) chip and it
was a little tricky. It looks like people have gotten your (potential)
setup working with both the framebuffer and 3d accel in X using the i810
driver. Ubuntu should be able to take care of it for you.

http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2006-May/033604.html

-Josh