[nflug] backups on an nfs server

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Fri Aug 4 13:38:02 EDT 2006

Sometimes..

It all depends..if you are "automating" it, you just want to use ssh
certificate based authentication..not actually automating a password input.

Take a look at: http://www.linuxproblem.org/art_9.html
For how to set it up.

The security risks can be minimized by assigning a specific user that only
has write access to the backup storage directory. You can also do a number
of things to limit access (only allow logins from the specific machine, run
in a chroot jail, only allow ssh access to run a single command..etc..)