[nflug] NFS noac option

ptgoodman ptgrunner at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 28 12:03:04 EDT 2006

Hi Cyber Source,

It was a question, and as I was originally writing it, I saw it as an
analogy between NFS ( said to be old and obsolete ) and older workers.
Too subtle for you?  No, you weren't trying to inspire me. YOU WERE NOT
EVEN _TRYING_ TO HELP. Yes, I'm shouting. If you were trying to help or
inspire me, you might have pointed out some real examples of older
people who _are_ creative. You couldn't do that, even though I have no
doubt that there are _some_ such people out there. You might have shown
that at least one of the three examples you cited were creative and did
_some_ of their best work when they were somewhat older. But you
couldn't do that either. Or even offer some viable options for me in
finding work---that would truly have been inspiring. You couldn't do
that either. These were your failures, not mine. Since you failed to
make any point and ran out of options, you insult me. You have the
option of taking this out of the list yourself, so when you respond, and
I know you will, please do so offline as I requested in my last post.

To help you out, it's:      ptgrunner at earthlink.net

I must have hit a raw nerve about your age. I'm sorry for that. Ageism
and the perception that older people can no longer perform work as they
once could is all too real. It's that perception that is wrong. No one
wants to retrain an older worker. I've got a few good years left in me.
I live on the southern tier. I've checked with counselors at Jamestown
Community College, an independent contractor, and the owner of a company
that does some type of computer work. All gave me the same answer: there
is no curriculum or group of computer-related courses I could take at
JCC that would virtually assure me of a job in that field.

So before you judge me and insult, I'd ask you to give your comments
some thought. Shooting from the hip usually doesn't work. My other
request is that if you really want to insult me again, please do so
face-to-face. Don't worry, I have no interest in harming you.

Yes. Regardless of how you respond, I'm done with this thread.

k.