[nflug] NFS noac option

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Apr 21 19:14:52 EDT 2006

I happen to LOVE NFS and can give many reasons why. I can honestly say
that once setup (very easy), they just plain work. I don't see the need
to mount mail directories though instead of just letting the email
client do it, maybe I'm missing something, haven't really followed the
thread that closely. However, I use NFS mounts for backups from machines
to my backup server and they work beautifully. In fact, given a choice
between samba and NFS, I would choose NFS hands down. I also use NFS on
Linux workstations that share data between servers that share the same
data with windows via samba and it works beautifully. I initially was
having a permission problem between samba (windows clients) and NFS
(Linux clients) but found a very easy simple way to make them play happy
together, and they do.
I also use NFS to mount stuff between MythTV boxes and they work like
your sitting at the same box. We use it here in my shop to mount all our
music files and then play them on whatever box we are on, never a problem.
This could be a good topic for the next meeting (nflug or bplug) and you
can show the stuff you were having trouble with, we might find a
solution. Anyway, there's my .02.