[nflug] Hardware Issue

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 22:13:59 EDT 2006

--- Frank Kumro <fkumro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the help! I am going to be purchasing a new drive and
> getting all my data off the old one. Also thanks for the warrantee
> check :)

I strongly recommend Samsung Spinpoint series drives.  They are FAST,
run cool, cheap and reliable.  I have a 160GB and a 250GB version and
they both scream. (the 250 checks out at about 51MB/sec using HDparm
and about 45-55MB/sec using Bonnie++) Newegg has the 250GB PATA version
for about $89 last time I got one (about a month ago), the SATA version
is $4.00 less.

Dave J. Andruczyk