[nflug] firefox update

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Apr 18 07:35:07 EDT 2006

how are you installing firefox to begin with, are you using what's
distributed with the distro or are you getting it from mozilla.com? if
you're getting it from mozilla.com it's a tarball so all you have to do
is untar it over the existing installation. if you installed from an rpm
then just upgrade it, rpm -Uv.

anthonyriga wrote:
> What is the best way to update Firefox? I have done
> this in the past and always had trouble reconfiguring
> plugins. Is ther a simple way where is just updates
> the files? Im taking more conservative approach after
> crashing my box upgrading from Fedora 4 to 5. I
> noticed too when im looged in as root I can click on
> the help check for updates in Firefox and it searches
> but dosent find any. When loged on as myself the check
> updates is disabled. Its enabled to chek for updates
> in my preferences. I wish Firefox updated easier on
> Linux. I hate to say it but it never fails on
> winblows.

Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
Cognigen Corporation