[nflug] Oracle may launch Linux version

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Mon Apr 17 14:12:32 EDT 2006

Thus spake anthonyriga on Mon, 17 Apr 2006

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060417/tc_nm/oracle_dc
>

> You think Oracle will really buy Novell? Wht impact
> will it have on the desktop?

I don't get it. Oracle already runs on Linux. So what good would it do
Oracle to buy Novell? That could only possibly appeal to end-users. And
since the enduser tools for Oracle are free (as in beer) and not hard to install...
I just don't get it. Even  though all of this "integration" is working
for microsoft now, I don't think it will last long. As the general
public at large becomes more computer-savy they will want more choice.
They won't want everything boxed up in one nice neat package that can't
be altered.