[nflug] running linux on an older system, gentoo

Daniel V cloudlakedreamer at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 10:20:35 EDT 2006

You can install Gentoo with Knoppix.

For an older system, I highly recommend DSL, which you
can not only run from CD-ROM, you can install it on
the hard-drive, as well. It's based on Knoppix.
www.damnsmalllinux.org/
from the website...
"Run light enough to power a 486DX with 16MB of Ram
Run fully in RAM with as little as 128MB (you will be
amazed at how fast your computer can be!)"

keep on rockin' with Linux,
Daniel