[nflug] Verizon DSL line for use with Vonage

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 12:43:50 EDT 2006

--

> BTW, I just signed up for Sunrocket VoIP at about $16/month - a big
> savings over Vonage and lots more free features.  (They have a referral
> program and I can get credit if you give them my VoIP phone number when
> you sign up.  I'll give it to you off list if you are interested.)

I currently use Vongae and pay the smaller rate (I think 14.95) we go over the
minutes alloted but still only go up to a littel over $17 (nowhere near the
24.95 month to get the unlimited).

I looked up the SunRocket stuff and did not find a $16 price, I saw 9.95 with
no voice mail and 200 inbound minutes, 24.95 unlimited monthly, and 199/year
unlimited.  Was that the one you referred to?

I am very interested in the Sunrocket - the annual rate is almost what we pay
now and we would get unlimited minutes and $3 international credit (nice for
the occasional call to MX:-)

I though Sunrocket was BYO but I see they use a "gizmo" device - how is that is
thephone settings (QOS etc locked down?)

> Sunrocket says they need 90k/90k to work well, so even if I'm using the
> Internet, I should have more than enough bandwidth.
>
> Previously, I had IDT regular phone service for about $60/month.  Now, I
> have DSL and phone for under $40 - a savings of $20 and much better than
> dial up.

Same thing with us - I have (very fortunately) broadband costs covered by work
so my phone bill was biggest expense - VOIP helped that and now with
competition there appears to be an inverse relationship between price and
service  Yeah

JJN