[nflug] Dual Monitors Revisited

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Sat Apr 1 17:01:35 EST 2006

Using MergedFB (for radeon) how can I get the second monitor to power
off after a given time? MergedFB doesn't use two screen sections; It
uses one for the primary monitor and seems to call the second monitor
from the device section. I've tried setting DPMS as well as OffTime in
the Device section and ServerLayout section but neither work. The screen
blanks after 10 minutes (which seems to be the default X behavior?). The
primary monitor does turn off after 10 minutes (as it is instructed to
do in xorg.conf). Any ideas?

Here is a copy of xorg.conf file if it sheds any light:
http://lenet.no-ip.com:807/~josh/xorg.conf
the default Layout is MergedFB2Layout

-Josh J