VMWare 4.X

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 21:59:55 EDT 2005

I've been using MSMoney since 1995.  I am so "used" to it, it's disgusting.  I
used to pay all my bills and have a few accounts tied to it via E banking.
Well my bank no longer supports it (they have their own web based banking) and
I no longer use bill pay via money.  So those excuses are gone. I still need
the impetus to just enter my accounts and start over with GNUcash.

What kept me from moving for a long time was the bill payment reminders and
forecast.  I have not been late on a bill (unless on purpose) basically since
1995.  I have all my bills entered and can instantly look 3 months ahead to
what I will have if I send 200 instead of 100 or what if I pay a bill one week
early since I have the cash now (paid once a month).  What if I'm waiting for
my wife's paycheck and I need to pay a bill what should I reduce or push back.
That forecast in the Bill section of money is still the reason I use it today.
I have read of 1.8.X GnuCash having bill reminders but heck I can pencil in a
calendar - it's the forecasting and instant graph of my checking acct I live
by.