Sorcerer and Gentoo

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 17:57:36 EDT 2005

I used Gentoo for quite smoe time on a server I ran - the time it took to
compile was nil compared tot eh amoutn of tie the server just ran.  However on
my current game machine I run Debian Testing.  Just always been more cofortable
with Debian.

However the recent conversation got me looking around and I read some docs on
Sorcerer.  Just started wondering what is the difference between Sorcerer and
Gentoo.  It seemed as if I could create some symlinks to cast and auger and
Gentoo would be Sorcerer or vice versa.

I guess all source based distros really are the same - how do you get a list of
what is the latest souce package and what are dependencies?  Once these
questions are answered it seems like there aren't too many differences after
that.

Any sorcerer users here? Funny thing is being a long time gamer I actually
understood Sorcerer faster than Gentoo:  OK Maybe already having run Gentoo I
understood what Sorcerer was doing...  Oh well dreams of being the Raistlin of
Linux have vanished into smoke;-)

JJN