Updating?

Ron Maggio ronmaggio2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 13:13:17 EDT 2005

Hi, John
They show three, a minimalCD, universalCD, and a packageCD. I did not notice any info on the difference between universal and package. Do you have an idea? I downloaded universal anyways, I think I may have an older version of it somewheres but what the heck, I'll download the new one.

Ron

John Seth <johnseth at phoenixwing.com> wrote:
Slackware, one of the oldest distributions known, and not the most
user-friendly installs, is still free to download and update. In recent
years, Slackware has released many updates for security flaws and such.
New software versions are usually kept up to date in their beta (-current)
and testing venues.

It's not for everyone, but it's still free... and I've been running it for
years with my own compiled Dovecot (thank Fedora Core for that switch, I
used to use Courier IMAP) and Postfix. I've never had a more rock-solid
system. Gentoo is next on my list since the newest release uses a
'universal' cd install, no more stage 1/2/3 from what I've read/seen so
far ...

- Tony