Mandrake & Red Hat

Ron Maggio ronmaggio2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 04:25:17 EDT 2005

Richard Hubbard <rhubby at yahoo.com> wrote:
AlsoAlso redhat initially said that they weren't going
to release a desktop distro, but in the past 6 months
they changed their tune.

If you're looking for the 'free' redhat distro, they
combined it with the Fedora project, which they then
put in charge of releasing the 'free' releases. A
little confusing at first, but at least they don't get
the questions "What is the difference between the Red
Hat you pay for, and the Red Hat that's Free?" or "I'm
running RedHat, How come I don't get support"

fedora.redhat.com is the site for fedora

Oh...I see. Ok makes sence. I'm planning some projects but don't know what to do. So I'm going to have to do a bit of reading to figure out how to handle it all.

Thanks for the info:)

Ron.

--- "C. Hatton Humphrey" wrote:

> > Say whats the latest news about Mandrake and is
> Red Hat going to release a
> > desktop distro anymore? I went to Mandrakes home
> page and its under
> > construction, I have not gone to Red Hat's yet.
> Also is there anything new
> > and interesting out there on flavor releases worth
> the time to download?
>
> Mandrake is now called Mandriva.

Now why did they do a dumb thing like that! The name Mandrake was such a cool name! Or is it because like everything in this world it was baught out? The question is, is it worth getting? and do they still support legacy distros of Mandrake?

Boy it never fails! When something is the standard they change it, well hopefull for the better...?

Thanks, Ron

Oh....say guys whens the next meeting? Haven't seen you all in ages.

http://mail.yahoo.com