[nflug] Building A Linux Box

Chris Crawford cpc5 at buffalo.edu
Fri Oct 21 14:38:49 EDT 2005

I would like to build a machine that would run Debian.  I have never put
together my own machine before, much less try to build one that would
support Linux reasonably well.

My main goals for putting together my own machine include a desire learn
more about how computers work at the hardware level, a desire to learn
how Linux works together with hardware, and the satisfaction of having
put together my own machine.

Does anyone have advice that would help me to avoid the pitfalls of
building a machine that supports Linux (specifically Debian)?

Are there any useful resources I should check out that will help me
learn more about computer hardware and building my own machine?

Thanks,

--Chris