[nflug] Formatting FAT32 partitions

Greg Neumann DadNeumann at verizon.net
Fri Oct 21 10:20:31 EDT 2005

It's not just Windows that can't format the FAT32's that big. Right off
hand, I cant' remember what the limit is, but I think it's somewhere
around 90-110. It's just an inherent limitation of the FAT32 design. The
individual file size limits are also limited, 4gb sounds about right.
Separate partitions are the only way around this. I'm sure there's guys
that can explain it better than I.
-Greg