[nflug] Trouble with CDrom

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Oct 20 21:44:16 EDT 2005

Off the top, jumper settings? I'm not a fan of cable select. Try a
different cable? Check your settings in the BIOS and make sure your not
setting things to more than the drive can handle. The 2.6 kernel should
change things as far as your fstab settings, udev, managed mounts, etc..
So you might want to change those and see. My fstab line running kernel
2.6.12-1.1398_FC4 is as such "/dev/hdc   /media/cdrecorder  auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0" for my DVD-RW drive and it works
beautifully. Also, since you went from 2.4 land to 2.6 land, you don't
have any scsi simulation stuff laying around in boot scripts that might
be causing a problem do you? Those aren't needed in 2.6 land.