[nflug] Question about a process accessing my cdrom

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 13:14:05 EDT 2005

You know I didn't even notice I was running 2.4 until I looked right here.  I
rebooted and must have still had 2.4 set as the default.

I'll relook tonight and see if I accidentally removed the 2.6 kernel.  I was
running 2.6 compiled with gcc4 and that's when I ran into all the trouble with
the VMWare installer failing.  I got that to work and I did not test VMware
after rebooting.  That would explain why I had to get sound kernel mods and
redo so much stuff.  Hmm guess I should pay more attention to what kernel I'm
running :-)

However I was running 2.6 when I had the error.  I'll reboot and try to get
back to the 2.6 I had running.

JJN

PS I have read and heard many things about Ubuntu, but a reinstall is not in my
immediate future.  Heck maybe when I buy a new PC (parts ) in the next 3-5
years maybe....

=== message truncated ===