[nflug] Re: midi

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 21:20:29 EDT 2005

I would like to get rosegarden installed on fc4 but it seems there is a GCC
problem of some sort that GCC problem? Never had much luck with the ccrma
repo for some reason either. I bet in a little while there will be something
solid for fc4 and rosegarden using yum or smart. I think jazz++ is currently
more or less just a SuSE app? Anyway, I went through and installed a bunch of
multimedia stuff with the smart installer and now mid files work with quite a
few players, still not kmid but I have a choice. Unfortunately I don't know
which install did the trick. The only one I know for sure is the xmms-midi
did the trick for xmms mid support. I know mplayer is working now plus xmms
and a couple others and that is plenty good enough for now. If anyone has
success with installing rosegarden on fc4 I would be interested in getting
that going.
jb