midi

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 15:36:13 EDT 2005

I'm using FC4 and I tried to play a mid music file and no sound. In the
control center I tested MIDI and nothing. In the hardware section it has
select midi device and the only selection is Midi Through Midi Through
Port-o-ALSA device. I'm not sure what to try next, I tried alsaconfig in a
terminal but it said command not found. Not sure what to try next. I can play
other types like mp3, is there a setting I need to do or do I need a plugin
to play mid files? I didn't have any problem with them when I was using RH9
so the hardware isn't a problem just a setting or a missing lib or something?
Any help would be appreciated.
jb
--
Never leave anything to chance; make sure all your crimes are premeditated.