Automating reports

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 23:25:03 EDT 2005

I use Bluefish to edit but any editor will work, Kwrite, OpenOffice or
whatever program will save as html.
When you say change the symbol do you mean the chart title like S-Fund? Those
you can just delete and add the new in the same spot. If you need to change
the chart, delete the URL between the quotes "http" and add the new URL. The
top URL is the upper left chart, then the upper right, then bottom left then
right. If your not sure what is what, the chart title is just above the URL.
To get an URL for a new chart set up a new chart the way you like at
bigcharts or wherever and then right click, select properties and then you
can highlight and copy the URL which will be just to the chart. If your
worried about messing it up just make a copy before tinkering and name it
something else.
The best part is the charts will update and the date will too every time you
fire up the document. Just replace the chart titles and URL's and you can
make different portfolios. One with the major indexes would make a nice daily
printout too.
I have a decent stock calculator and a few other javascript calculators, also
a decent stock link page at my website if you want to use them.
www.mesimpleton.com
jb

--
Serfs up!