Fedora: scsi cdrom drives me crazy

Scott Fleming nflug at afourthdimension.com
Mon Oct 3 11:35:13 EDT 2005

My aha1520 detects the cdrom drives, but they're not being set so I can
use them when the machine starts.

How or where or what file do I have to write, to script so that
/dev/scdX is known as /scsicdX?

my scsi cdrom drives are listed as (/proc/scsi) (See attached)

/dev/scd1
/dev/scd2
/dev/scd3
/dev/scd4
/dev/scd5
/dev/scd6
/dev/scd7

When Linux loads and I'm at the desktop, the drives are not listed in
the 'disks' link to mount. I would like to be able to mount them there.

Any ideas where I put what script to enable this?

Thank you,
Scott