[nflug] Internet latency

Matt Cristantello matt at crazy42.org
Tue Nov 29 21:22:28 EST 2005

I'm actually noticing a similar problem with debian unstable. The
connection on the windows box connected behind my linux server is fine,
so it's definitely not the ISP.

I'm running updates now, I'll let you know if they take care of the problem.

I can ping google, but it looks like the DNS lookups are taking longer
than usual, and failing sometimes. Trying again immediately will usually
work. I'm thinking it's something to do with the default gateway or DNS
servers, I'll poke around in a bit...

Thanks,
~Matt

David W. Aquilina wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 08:54:13PM -0500, dave wrote:
>
>>dave at Debian:~$ ping -c 3 google.com
>>ping: unknown host google.com
>

> Your system seems to have forgotten about its nameservers.
>
> As an aside, google doesn't seem to respond to pings.

"The truth is out there."
-The X-Files
                 Matthew D. Cristantello
                 matt at crazy42.org