[nflug] Ipod + Linux

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Mon Nov 21 22:23:50 EST 2005

Frank Kumro wrote:
> Well the snowboarding season is coming apon us and I want an ipod :)
> However I do not have a windows machine nor will i use one for my
> ipod. So I have been searching for some software which works with the
> ipod and runs on linux. Does anyone have any experience with some
> software and would like to recommend it to me. Please include any
> issues that you have run into. Thanks again guys :) PS Does anyone
> ski/snowboard?
> --
> Frank
> Shenanigans!!

You should also check out Banshee - http://banshee-project.org/ . It's a
brand new all-in-one mulitmedia solution for Gnome including ipod, cd
ripping, cd burning, and music playback. It was designed from the
beginning to work with ipod, although I haven't used it for that yet and
it's still young. From the site:

"With Banshee you can easily import, manage, and play selections from
your music collection. Banshee allows you to import CDs, sync your music
collection to an iPod, play music directly from an iPod, create
playlists with songs from your library, and create audio and MP3 CDs
from subsets of your library."

--
Jesse Jarzynka
Cyber Source