[nflug] Linux mobo question

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 16 04:25:20 EST 2005

Are you looking for Dual processor mobo or just single? For SMP I would
always go with Tyan. For single 64bit I love the Asus K8V-Deluxe. My
daughter has been using it since Feb. 2004 as a dual boot. She only uses
Windows for CAD. Running Gentoo and Winblows. My only other choice would
be Gigabyte. Ive seen to many ECS and MSI fail to even consider them. In
fact I just upgraded a friends box replacing an ECS board with an Asus.
I can't comment on SATA nor Nvidia as I've never used them. My server
and workstation both use load balanced scsi ultra 320. All other boxes
on the network have ATA-IDE. If they require faster disk I/O they can
use the SMB or NFS partitions on the server. As with chipsets I like
VIA's offerings. Never had an issue installing Linux with their chipsets.
Just my 2 bits (or is that 20)
Bob