[nflug] MySQL Administrator

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Nov 16 03:05:57 EST 2005

I've used it in the past and love it (though, now I use phpMyAdmin).  I
would definitely suggest, that you ensure any database user passwords
are strong passwords (ie: not "god", "dog", etc, and are more
"Jc83D at sP0" or some such), and that you change the default port... Also
make sure all users have passwords and the default root password is
changed, and the wildcard entries are not there, which generally allow
anyone to connect from any host... yada yada, etc etc ;)

At my old place of employment we would connect via a VPN connection
through the firewall, then use it to connect to an internal VPN IP
address.  Not everyone is able to setup VPN's, especially if it's a home
router like a Linksys :(

 - Tony