[nflug] Gnome behavior

Jim Sever jrsever at wzrd.com
Sat Nov 12 08:51:46 EST 2005

no more spam

-----Original Message-----
From: nflug-bounces at nflug.org [mailto:nflug-bounces at nflug.org]On Behalf
Of Robert F. Stockdale IV
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:00 PM
To: Niagara Frontier Linux Users Group
Subject: [nflug] Gnome behavior

I'm curious if there might be a way to keep applications in Gnome on the
desktop that I put them on. For instance, I run Gaim and it seem to move
to the current desktop, or a portion of it does, every time I get
disconnected and it signs me back on. I like it on desktop 4 but the
Buddy List or the away dialog box always shows up on the current
desktop. Additionally, when I reboot, which isn't very often, all the
running programs start up on desktop 1. I have 8 desktops with usually
no more that 2 or 3 applications on any single desktop, but most have
only 1 application. Does anyone have ideas and suggestions?
Thank you.
Bob