why no forums?

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Fri May 27 17:22:12 EDT 2005

I've been pondering that myself in some respects.  I keep some of the
messages from the list and could archive them to the web, but it's not a
true mailing list archive.

I have mailman running on my system archiving another mailing list,
which is handy and easier to manage.  Since the mailinglist runs
majordomo, I'm not sure if there's an easy program I can run to make
archives of email posted to the list.  I know there's one called
Majorcool, though, I believe both the web gui and the majordomo software
have to be on the same machine for it to work.

I can't archive old msg's other than the one's I've kept, but if someone
else knows how to grab incoming email and archive it for web perusal,
I'll gladly redirect my incoming NFLUG email into that archive.

AS far as forums and email, yes... there will always be two resources in
such situations.  Then again, looking at it from another perspective,
there's hundreds of thousands of resources now, what's one more? lol.
Personally, I like email lists since I can often get faster responses to
issues I have.  On the other hand, I like forums cuz they don't fill up
my inbox.  There's two sides to every story, and I have no intention of
interfering or causing issues with the mailing list.  I think I've been
a member for around 3-4 years now, it's a great place with great people.

--  Tony Evans