Security for USB Thumb drives

Joseph Lukasiewicz jlukasiewicz at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 22:07:26 EDT 2005

Tom,

thanks for the info.  My wife got one of these keychain drives from work and was worried about confidential info falling into unauthorized hands. From the FAT side of things I guss you are pretty wide open...I have seen software online but I wasn't sure if it was any good.

Joe Lukasiewicz

Tom McKim <mckimt at yahoo.com> wrote:
Joe,

I recalled reading an article on that a few months
back. I did search and found the articel and a couple
followups. It was written by M. E. Kabay from Network
World.

Biometric flash drive is convenient and secure -
2/22/05
http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/sec/2005/0221sec1.html

Applications of biometric flash drives - 02/24/05
http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/sec/2005/0221sec2.html

USB flash drives spreading like mushrooms - 03/01/05
http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/sec/2005/0228sec1.html

Tom McKim