Security for USB Thumb drives

Joseph Lukasiewicz jlukasiewicz at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 22:05:41 EDT 2005

Don,

thanks for the info.  My wife got one of these keychain drives from work and was worried about confidential info falling into unauthorized hands. From the FAT side of things I guss you are pretty wide open...I have seen software online but I wasn't sure if it was any good.

Joe Lukasiewicz

Don Monroe <dpmonroe at gmail.com> wrote:
http://bsdnews.org/03/cryptusb.php

Check out the above link. I know that the above link specifically
offers advice for BSD but read the section on the Cryptographic File
System. You may be able to adapt it for your linux distrobution, or
you could convert to a mature, stable OS like FreeBSD. ;-)

Best regards,

Don Monroe

--
Gentoo Linux 2.6.11-R9