Security for USB Thumb drives

JMcNamara at e1b.org JMcNamara at e1b.org
Thu May 26 08:36:04 EDT 2005

Joe,

Lexar has a thumb drive with security. It runs about $70 on ecost. It is
called JumpDrive Secure. It worked well for me. It is software protection
enabled on the drive however.

Joseph V. McNamara, CCNA, CCAI
Instructor, Cisco Networking Academy
Erie 1 BOCES
Potter Career & Technical Center
Phone: 716-821-7331
Fax: 716-821-7336
jmcnamara at e1b.org

Joseph Lukasiewicz <jlukasiewicz at yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-nflug at nflug.org
05/26/2005 07:48 AM
Please respond to
nflug at nflug.org

nflug at nflug.org
cc

Subject
Security for USB Thumb drives

Hi,

a little off toopic,  but as the popularity has increased for these
devices I thought I'd give it a shot...

I was wondering if anyone has found and used a security utility for USB
thumb drives.  Some way to lock down files and/or folders in case the
drive gets picked up by an unauthorized user?

Thanks in advance.

Joe Lukasiewicz
Do You Yahoo!?
Spam