dell poweredge 2300

ebenoit at hopevale.com ebenoit at hopevale.com
Wed May 25 19:41:17 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have tried to search on the internet as to why a couple of things happen to
this server, let me explain:

I have been trying to install FC3 on this server and everytime I try I get the
following errors.

1. first I get this error:
warning firmware out of date please update ..it recognizes all scsi hard drives

this is the 2nd error I get ...please help!!

2.
Could not allocate requested partitions:

Unsatisfied partition request
New Part Request - mountpoint None uniqueID: 9
type: physical volume (LVM) format: 1 badblocks: None
device: None drive: ['sdb'] primary: None
start: None end: None migrate: None origfstype: None.

"is this just simply telling me that the lithium battery is dead??"

OR

Do I need to update the firmware, I have no idea how to execute an .exe file
when I have completely erased any dos partitions that might have exsited please
advise??

OR
something else i overlooked?

Thank you linux friends...