firefox vs. IE for updates

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sat May 21 18:11:31 EDT 2005

Cyber Source wrote, On 05/19/05 7:08 AM:

> as long as your on the subject, you might find this interesting....
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1093&e=1&u=/pcworld/20050519/tc_pcworld/120884

EWWWW!!!
It sounds like a Netscape for IE users, not long time Netscape users. I
think I'll stick with my 7.0.
FF and Opera for windows let you just tell a web page you're using a
different browser by changing the user agent string, not the rendering
engine.
I've used that feature successfully in both on web pages that didn't
display correctly the first time. [You must have IE to view this page
properly ... BAH !!]
I really can't see any reason for Activex Scripts, other than to keep
people chained to IE. Of course, I hate Flash too, because "Open In New
Tab" won't work. ;-)

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 Mail

--
This outgoing message is certified Virus Free.