bashrc question

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Mar 25 11:17:22 EST 2005

Don't know your answer, but ...
Have you tried man ash?

I don' t do much with bashrc, but I have a handful of small scripts I
put there to use  like shortcuts.  Here's an example:

# .bashrc

# User specific aliases and functions

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
    . /etc/bashrc
fi
.
.
.
bin() {
cd $HOME/bin
echo -en "\t\t"
pwd
}

which is a little function which switches me to my bin directory and
tells me what it did.

[bigbird at localhost bigbird]$ bin
                /home/bigbird/bin
[bigbird at localhost bin]$

Joe

--
"Determine that a thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way." - Abraham Lincoln