Fedora Newbie

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Mar 20 11:32:42 EST 2005

Scott wrote:

>Just got my Fedora Core installed, and I've got some newbie questions.
>
>1. when attempting to install my aha1520 scsi card (ISA), I've gone as
>far as I can with getting to working. I keep getting the same old
>"device not found" error. I have reserved IRQ 9 in the bios for ISA, and
>set the card to the proper settings. In winblows it worked flawlessly,
>but for some reason Lix wont play with it. Any suggestions would be
>appreciated.
>
>2. How do I tell linux at boot to mount mapped drives? I have a nas on
>my network, and would like it to mount the share on startup.
>

>Thanks in advance.
>Please CC: hawkwynd at hawkwynd dot com with your replies, as I check
>that mailbox more frequently than I do this one.
>
>Scott

If the install didnt put the line "alias scsi_hostadapter aha152x" in
your /etc/modprobe.conf file, you need to do that (without the quotes).
Then you can mount the drives attached to it.
  If you need to boot from the drives attached to that controller, then
you need to make a new initrd file, if you need instructions on how to
do that, let me know.
  It appears that nas shares are mounted in Linux with NFS.

--
cybersource.us
                         115 Richfield Road