LinuxLinks Cedega Review

Kevin E. Glosser keg at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 11 17:41:36 EST 2005

Joe wrote:
> Any chance you (generically speaking) could add a printer friendly
> button to you article pages?  I usually read anything more than a few
> paragraphs offline (on paper).

Our news articles have that capability, provided by GeekLog. The review,
we did not post as a news article, it's a static page.

Although, we could add this functionality, we're not going to. For two
reasons, not including being mean. :) One, it was intended to be read
online, contains lots of hyperlinks and some images. Two, as Stephen
mentioned, you could always select all the text and paste it into
another application and print it that way.

I realize this isn't a fantastic solution. However, it is only copying a
few pages of text and pasting them into OpenOffice or another app. A
three button mouse is not required either. Simply, highlight the text of
a page, and copy it via your browsers Edit menu(or by right clicking, or
by using keyboard shortcuts like <control c>, or <shift-control c>).
Then open a text editor and paste it(Edit menu -> paste, <control v>,
<shift-control v>).

I appreciate your feedback on it. I, myself, try to get away from my
monitor as much as possible. I am keenly aware of the damage looking at
a monitor does to your eye sight.

The pixels cause our eyes to constantly be in use, due to the eye being
able to see the fuzziness and lack of clarity in them. We as humans,
cannot notice it, but our eyes can. This is what causes eye fatigue, if
you spend too much time in front of your monitor. Your eyes are
constantly working while you look at a monitor, struggling to put the
fuzzy pixels in focus, regardless of the quality of your monitor.

KEG