CITRIX licensing Was RE: Poll of sorts-

Jason Lasker lasker at eng.buffalo.edu
Fri Mar 11 12:55:34 EST 2005

This page may clear up (or not) the Windows 2003 Server CAL and Terminal
Server CAL requirements.  For 2003 server you need one CAL and one TS CAL
for each client connection.  But if your client is XP pro you can get a
TS-CAL for free.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/terminal/termin
al_faq.mspx#XSLTfaqSection121123121120120

So if I understand this correctly if you have a Linux or any other non XP
pro client you need to have one regular CAL one TS-CAL per connection.  (The
XP Pro TS-CAL being "free")

Then add your citrix licensing on top of that.....

My head hurts... I'm going back to sleep now....

Jason Lasker
Senior Programmer Analyst/Systems Administrator
University at Buffalo Science and Engineering Node Services
113 Bell Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-2050
Voice 716-645-3797 x2172
Fax    716-645-3704