OFF TOPIC Windows Backup

Erek Dyskant erek at nbtsc.org
Sun Mar 6 12:14:59 EST 2005

Depending upon how often you intend to restore individual files from
backup, I would consider using rsync and/or rsnapshot to do the daily
backups.  This way you could use standard filesystem tools to restore
files rather than having to use tar.

If you do incremental rsnapshot backups, it would probably use about the
same amount of space as non-incremental tar.gz files.

Regards,
Erek