OFF TOPIC Windows Backup

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Fri Mar 4 09:39:19 EST 2005

Sorry for the post but I need a little help, I know absolutely nothing
about backing up a windows box. What I have is a stand alone Windows
2003 Server box I need to backup nightly. I has a Vs160 tape drive, I'm
trying to use this windows backup utility to schedule a nightly backup
and it doesn't look like it fired last night. It had a brand new tape in
it, I think it might have to do with that.

I don't have to use this, I'm just looking for something robust, that I
can back the server up and restore it to another machine if it dies.
Something kinda like tar. I can put it in another box and extract files,
no cataloging, media sets, or other crap. Free is always good too.

Thanks,
Justin

--
Justin Bennett