video conferencing

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Jun 9 12:52:05 EDT 2005

Joe,
Wow thanks for the thorough explanation. We're primarily looking for a
Conference room to conference room type of setup, only two points.
Unidirectional mics would be nice, maybe overhead speakers.

It's for executives and product development type individuals to conference.

The DSL in Europe is pretty decent, speed and reliability wise. We have
about a 110ms latency between both ends, we have a VPN between the two
LANs so I'm figuring to just throw two pieces of equipment behind that
so any ports should be fine. I like the idea of two PC's because I could
test it pretty inexpensively, but I think we're looking for a more
commercial solution in the long run. I'm hoping to be able to get some
equipment (polycom?) to test, or see a demo. Is there place locally that
does this kind of thing that anyone knows of? I don't want to spend $6K
and find out it sucks between the two offices.

Justin

Justin Bennett
Network Administrator
Dynabrade, Inc.