midi stuff

dave buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:57:04 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 04:36 pm, Cyber Source wrote:
I've play around with sound alot. Including midi's. If you happen to have a
sound card capable of hardware midi I highly suggest you check out this great
how to on the ubuntu forums. It is the clearest and easiest to follow I have
found.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=b4b0478b82a983657d590cb5cbc88a60&t=30963&page=1&pp=10

This how-to worked great for me even though I don't use ubuntu. It seems some
of the needed elements of the midi driver aren't loaded by default ( sb cards
using emu10k1 driver ). The other benefit of this is being able to use sound
fonts! they are awsome. I have one I use now its FluidR3GM.SF2 it is a 70MB
instrument collection. The sound is tremendous. In addition with hardware
midi you can use Kmid which has a nice album/music collection playlist
feature. You can also adjust the speed/tempo etc. Its a nice midi player. I
don't know if this will help or not. For anyone with a sb card this is a good
resource.

Dave