Asterisk hardware

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 14:04:47 EST 2005

--- anthonyriga <torrodimerda at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I know this was posted a long time back when we had
> meeting in regards to Asterisk. What type of phone do
> you need and hardware to setup Asterisk?  I have built
> 1 Altigen pbx box and adminstered it at a company. I
> wanna try this before my company installs its Cisco
> VoIP power over ethernet. To be more familiar and have
> this at home. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Asterisk will work with any SIP phone (hardware or software (i.e. a program on
a computer)) I use the grandstream phones with mine as they're cheap.  the
CISCO phones can be setup to work with asterisk as well.

Depending on how you want to connect your asterisk box, you may need additional
hardware.  It's heavily dependant on what you want to achieve...

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk