Jack Question.

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 22:18:43 EST 2005

--- jb <mesimpleton at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I didn't have any luck in the past trying to install it to more than one
> kernel for some reason. I'm using the self installing driver from
> Nvidia. It only works for a single kernel. When I boot to a new kernel
> it wants to remove the driver from one and install it to the new kernel.
> One kernel only, there must be a way to use it for more than one.

Weird.  well, I use gentoo on my system(s) and on that I just run "emerge
nvidia-kernel" after I boot to a new kernel and it rebuilds it for that kernel
and won't uninstall it from the old one as that's considered a "protected"
area.

I'd think it should be documented either in nvidia's linux forums as there's a
lot of people who switch kernels am have probably had your issue..

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk