Per User X settings

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 19:34:01 EST 2005

--- JJ Neff <jjneff at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When my son logs in I want his X session to be 640X480 256 colors but I want
> mine to be 1024X768 16bit.
>
> Where Can I set these per user settings?  Or is X server system dependent and
> not user.  I use KDM but can switch to any. (I know I can set these in
> XF86conf
> and use +- but I want it to happen automatically)

I know you can do this in KDE,  but I donno if it sticks per user. (I think it
would),  but it would probbaly initially start as 1024x768 and then jump to the
other setting once KDE starts up..

Right click on Desktop select "Configure Desktop", select the "Display" icon
and set the resolution there... and select the "Apply settings on KDE startup"

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk